I finally got into the swing of things on the deck. Yesterday was another rather uneventful and frustrating day, but today I have turned the corner. I now have the deck shear strip installed on both sides, along with the first strips of palownia which is what most of the deck will be made from. Instead of installing the palownia first as the shear strip, I installed a narrow strip of dark wenge. Not only will this look nice as a feature line between the hull and deck, wenge is very hard and should make for a durable corner for the side of the kayak, right where it will be most subject to bumps. I also installed the second curved piece of cedar on one side. The shape of deck is becoming quite well defined at this point.