Filling in…

Another two (partial) days of work to document. I filled in the wishbones with the same book-matched cedar that I used in the center of the hull. I left the ends overhanging into what will be the cockpit opening. I also began filling in on the outside of the wishbones on the left side. This area will be filled with palownia with cedar pin-striping. I tried doing the pin-striping two different ways. First, I installed it just like a separate piece which, as you would expect, works fine. Secondly, I tried gluing the pin-stripe to an adjacent piece of palownia prior to installing it. This meant that I only had to fit one piece instead of two, which saved a lot of time. I think I will do most, if not all, of the remaining pin-striping that way.

Leave a Reply