Today, I mounted my footbraces. I followed Vaclav Stejskal’s instructions for mounting the Yakima footbraces. This method allows for future conversion for rudder control with the same footbraces. The modifications were simple and it should be easily maintainable. Time will tell.
I also trimmed the excess on all of the lash points on the deck and then sanded them flush. I then applied some more epoxy over the areas that I sanded to ensure that everything is properly sealed.
I cut my seat back to an appropriate shape (following Nick Schade’s example in his book) and cut some slots for the mounting straps. I also added some pad eyes to the seat back and also to the underside of the deck in the rear of the cockpit (again following Nick’s advice.)